Is it safe to upgrade to Xcode 4.4?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed Aug 1 03:44:18 EDT 2012

I know there has been some discussion on the list lately but I remain confused. I (along with I guess everyone else) have had a notification from the Mac App Store that the update to Xcode 4.4 is available and I'm invited to upgrade. What is the consensus - will I be able to continue iOS development using LiveCode 5.5.1 without problems or not, or will I enter uncharted territory where I have to change components, paths etc which I barely understand: and indeed is there really an option if I want to go on with iOS development and embrace iOS 6?

I'd be really grateful for an authoritative answer.

TIA

Graham