Characters that can be used in an array key

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Apr 30 12:55:37 EDT 2012

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > Even you could use tabs in an array key, why would you want to?
 > I cannot think of an application for this. I would stick to the
 > same rules that SQL enforces for column names, and always use lower
 > case, as SQL is sometimes case sensitive. That way you never shoot
 > yourself in the foot if you ever want to translate from array keys
 > to SQL column names.

SQL is great for when you need relationality, but if there's anything
we've learned from the advent of the NoSQL movement it's that there are
a nearly infinite variety of ways to store data, so we no longer need to
think in terms of one-size-fits-all solutions.

For example, in LiveCode small data sets can be handled with unusual
grace and easy as simple property sets in stack files.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World