Characters that can be used in an array key

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Apr 30 11:54:08 EDT 2012

David Epstein wrote:
> Are there any limits on what characters can be used in an array key?
> For example, do tab characters cause problems?
> Many thanks.

Earlier this month I mentioned having rec'd the definition for
arrayEncoded data, at the bottom of this post:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2012-April/170660.html>

While that article is still being finished, from what I've seen in Mark
Waddingham's example code it seems that the only character we must avoid
in array keys is NULL, since that's used internally as a delimiter
between the key and the value.

As far as I can tell, all other characters are allowable.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World