Checking for an internet connectio

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Apr 30 11:46:12 EDT 2012

Maybe have a means to change the domain in an Internet Setup card? I have a database setup card in all of my database enabled apps which attempts a connection which the user was initially prompted to set up. I set a global called connected based on the results of the attempt. I check the global before allowing the user to proceed. The ping routine is a really good addition, because SQL connections have a pretty long timeout sometimes. I will add this function to my connection check as a precursor to connecting to SQL.

Bob