Time-Stamping Demo programs #2

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 04:23:56 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:11 AM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> Graphic Converter does that and its author has been supporting himself for
> years with it, it's hugely popular. It isn't limited in any way.
>
> I don't know that Mike Bombich supports himself off the 'donations' to
Carbon Copy Cloner, but it's another hugely popular shareware that isn't
feature limited in anyway. He does keep track of how many times you use it
because every now and then at the end of a back-up a nag screen comes up to
remind you how many times you've used it and to suggest you donate.

The only difference between the pre-donation version and the post-donation
version is you can choose to hide the banner ads displayed in the progress
window. Weirdly enough all the ads are from Other World Computing, of which
I'm a regular customer, so they were never a bother for me, so even after I
donated I clicked on the button to continue displaying the banner ads so I
could keep up with the latest specials from OWC.

Donations range from U$15-100, it's your choice.