Time-Stamping Demo programs #2

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 21:04:21 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Blast! I am trying to find a way so that I don't have a file "floating
> about" on somebody's system that they can just flush away to
> reset the 30 day limit on my DEMO.

I'm assuming then you must have some sort of licensing system for those who
wish to go beyond the demo. How does this work? Surely your demo licensing
system must be based aound it.

I'm out of my depth here because I only develop for a very small circle of
users (more like a dot really;-) so licensing isn't an issue, but I thought
the whole concept of the Splash stack was to get around the limitation of a
stack not being able to save to itself. Once you have a Splash-Working
stack arrangement you can save your rego info in an encrypted sub-stack, as
a customProp so it isn't available to prying eyes to throw away or amend.