in-App Reviews

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 23 12:15:55 EDT 2012

On 4/23/12 10:43 AM, Dan Friedman wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I would like to prompt the user to rate my app.  Something like every
> 10 launches the app throws a dialog asking the user if they want to
> leave a positive review.

I'd think twice about that. At least on Android, people detest it and
will degrade the app rating if the developer spams them with requests
for reviews. Some people have deleted the app entirely because of it and
left a scathing review. If they get irritated when your dialog pops up,
you've provided a convenient way for them to go directly to the App
Store and tell you off.

A better approach is to put something into an About screen or possibly
the settings card that provides a link to the app store URL. People
don't seem to mind that so much.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com