Help finding an application path in windows

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Apr 22 07:50:16 EDT 2012

On Apr 21, 2012, at 8:16 AM, Ian McKnight wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm am able to launch a file in Excel directly from LC but I do not want to
> hard code the path to excel in my app.

I'm not at my PC to confirm this at the moment, but according to a web search, you should be able to do this (watch for line breaks):

put queryRegistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\App Paths\excel.exe") into tExcelPath

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/