Problem with pasting from a Rev App to Pages..

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Fri Apr 20 23:27:33 EDT 2012

I am working on an app that the user keeps open on the desktop that can take text and place it on the clipboard and paste into a word processor's document.  I set up an option menu in my app that allows the user to set the font property in a text field. I have another button that allow the user to paste the text into a document. However, when I test the app on a Mac and paste into a Pages document, I do not get the font that was selected in the button.
This is the code I have in my copy button:

 set the clipboardData["rtf"] to the rtfText of field "statements"

   copy character 1 to -1 of field "statements"

Despite setting the font in the text field as Palatino I keep getting Times New Roman when it is pasted into the Pages document!  How can I correct this?

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com