Copying formatted text from a field to Pages

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Apr 20 07:15:27 EDT 2012

Hi iPad :-)

Have you made sure that the field font is not Time New Roman and have you used the syntax

set char 1 to -1 of fld x to "Times New Roman"

? How do you copy? You might want to use

set the clipboarddata["rtf"] to the rtfText of fld x

or maybe

set the clipboarddata["html"] to the htmlText of fld x

instead of using the text property of the field or even selecting the text and using the copy command (although the latter might work). Does it work if you copy manually?

There might be some AppleScript commands that make Pages paste formatted text. I don't uses Pages, but if there is a menu item "Paste Formatted Text" (or similar) then you might also use GUI scripting.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com