OK... what am I missing?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Apr 17 02:38:18 EDT 2012

Tereza-

> Does anyone have any insight at all? I’ve exhausted myself over
> this. It used to work! It works in the IDE! I have a deadline!

Two ideas:

1. the datagrid library is a system stack, and so if it throws errors
the IDE won't catch them (or more precisely it catches them and
decides not to handle them). One way around this is to set the system
global gRevDevelopment to true. That way any errors thrown in the
datagrid stack will hopefully come to light. I previously found that a
setup error was propagating down to the datagrid library, which caught
the problem and threw an error, but it bubbled up and was ignored by
the IDE.

2. You already have PowerDebug, and it can debug standalone apps. Add
the standalone debugger library as a substack to your standalone, and
add the handler

on startup
  start using stack "libRemoteDebug"
end startup

Then build the standalone, keep the IDE running, and launch the
standalone. Any runtime errors in the standalone will be caught by
PowerDebug running in the IDE. You can set breakpoints in your code
and then step through them in the standalone using PowerDebug.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net