[OT] nice views from my city

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri Apr 13 00:20:57 EDT 2012

Folks,

Just installed Mac OS X Lion and was trying to build a little mobile app
when I discovered that I needed a new XCode for that. While I was
downloading the new version, I went to browse my TV news. Here in Brazil,
in our main broadcast channel, we have a series called "The Brazilians
Girls" which is a comedy. Each episode they pick a Brazilian city and tell
a story about some girl from there, all fiction, the titles are like "the
dreamer from that city" or "the singer from this city", my city was just
featured and the episode was called (bad translation) "the passionate from
Niterói". The actual word is not passionate but a Portuguese word that
means a girl who is in love. They change the opening credits for each
episode to show the views from the given city. This is my city:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0aEzIEIODHc

At about 0:24 you can see the beach where I live, actually I don't live at
the beach front, I live three city blocks down but my building is high
enough (18th floor) so I have a good view of the Guanabara Bay (prettiest
bay ever).

I just sent this video because some people asked during the last conference
what my city looked like, well, these are the good parts. Pay attention on
our Spaceship Enterprise look-a-like modern art museum and on the pretty
geography.

Cheers
andre
--