[ANN] SQLiteAdmin

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Apr 10 16:17:08 EDT 2012

I'm happy to announce the release of my first commercial Livecode
application, SQLiteAdmin, a db admin tool for SQLite databases.  A 30-day
trial version of SQLiteAdmin is available at www.lcsql.com/products.html

In recognition of the amazing amount of knowledge imparted to me by
subscribers to this list, I am making SQLiteAdmin available for $4.99, a
$20 discount, to any list member until midnight on Friday April 13th.
 Please email me off list at pete at lcsql.com if you would like to take
advantage of this deal, and I will send you a link to buy it at that price.

SQLiteAdmin has been tested on OS X and Windows.  I do not have access to
Linux (yet!) but would be happy to compile a Linux standalone for anyone
who would be willing to try it and give me feedback on what changes might
be needed to make it a viable Linux product.

OK, now on to the sales pitch.

SQLiteAdmin is a full-featured administration tool for SQLite databases
that removes all of the restrictions and omissions inherent in the standard
SQLite Data Definition Language.  You can safely  add, modify, or delete
any of the properties of a table or column including name, data type, data
length, primary key, foreign key, check, unique, not null, and default
constraints, all while maintaining the integrity of your data.

SQLiteAdmin extends the DDL even further with convenience features that
provide you with the ability to add multiple columns that share the same
properties with a single click, and optional automatic index creation for
foreign key fields.

SQLiteAdmin provides complete data export and import capability in a number
of formats including csv, delimited text files with your choice of
delimiter, and SQL INSERT statements.  You can export all or selected rows
of a table.  You can also export the CREATE statements necessary to build
your database, with or without the INSERT statements to populate it.

With SQLiteAdmin's Utilities view, you will be able to audit your database,
get recommendations for better performance, and modify any of your
database's PRAGMA settings.

SQLiteAdmin's Browse view gives you access to the SQLite Data Manipulation
Language.  You can display data from any table with filtering capability on
any columns in the table, select the columns you want to view and display
them in your preferred sequence, all by "filling in the blanks" instead of
writing any SQL statements.  The Browse Tool also provides complete insert,
duplicate, update and delete capabilities, including modification or
deletion of multiple rows in one operation.  And you can save your filter
definitions, column selections, and sort sequence for later use.

If you need to write your own SQL statements, you can enter any SQLite
command in SQLiteAdmin's SQL tool and execute it.  SQL commands can be
saved and recalled for later use.

SQliteAdmin includes full support for in memory databases and also provides
the ability to save an in memory database as a permanent disk file.

A 30-day demo version of SQLiteAdmin is available at
http://www.lcsql.com/products.html. Some functionality is disabled in the
demo version.

--
Peter Haworth