iOS Control Instantiation problem

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Apr 9 23:08:06 EDT 2012

> That would make sense, but then how come we can pass the right edge of the group (card-relative) as the third parameter? Shouldn't the third param be the width of the group?

Yes, *if* you don't want horizontal scrolling with the scroller… here's a good example of how I use it with a Data Grid that has more columns than are visible and (of course) more rows than are visible ("grp 1" is my sample Data Grid):

   iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "rect", the rect of group 1
   put sum(the dgProps["column widths"] of grp 1) into tContentWidth
   put (the dgProp["row height"] of grp 1) * (the number of elements of the dgData of grp 1) into tContentHeight
   iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "contentRect", (0, 0, tContentWidth, tContentHeight)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/