how to do this type of search

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Mon Apr 9 21:05:36 EDT 2012

Here is one simple way, assuming you have control over the word list:

    -- one-time prep - optimize list for searching
    local sMyWordList
    put url ("file:" & tPathToMyWords) into sMyWordList
    put tab before sMyWordList
    replace CR with (tab & CR & tab) in sMyWordList
    replace slash with (tab & slash & tab) in sMyWordList
    put tab after sMyWordList

    -- at search time
    set the wholeMatches to true -- not really required since we're including
delimiters in the search string
    put lineOffset(tab & tWord & tab, sMyWordList) into tWordLineNumber

Phil Davis