Pattern draw changes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 9 14:10:18 EDT 2012

The 5.x docs say a change has been made to how patterns are drawn:

> Prior to 5.0.0-dp-2, the origin of a pattern
> (where it starts tiling from) is the top left of the object from
> which the pattern is inherited. For example, the means that the
> origin of a pattern of a graphic inherited from the card will be the
> top left of the card, rather than the top left of the graphic.

> AS of 5.0.0-dp-2, this functionality has been altered for objects
> with 'dynamic' layerMode (and for objects within a group with
> 'dynamic' layerMode). The origin of the patterns of such objects is
> now the top left of the object itself, irrespective of where the
> pattern is set.

I tried both static and dynamic objects with a backpattern set, and the
pattern origin looks identical both ways, with the origin always
starting at the topleft of the object. What changed?

My goal is to have the pattern align with the card backpattern no matter
where the oject is located on the card.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com