Yet another iOS keyboard question

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Apr 6 11:34:28 EDT 2012

I am going slightly nuts looking at this, but I seem to have lost the ability to show a scrolling field in the Simulator and allow the user to select a line, **without** an iOS native keyboard popping up. I am just trying to use the lines of the list as links, so I don't need to keyboard anything. I can check if a keyboard  is activated (there is a message for this), but there is no available action to deactivate it AFAICS, apart from changing the focus on my field, which I obviously don't want to do.

Is this just very simple and I've missed it? Suppose so. I think I'll just go and make a cup of tea. Meanwhile thanks to anyone who can explain it.

Graham