Localization languages

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Thu Apr 5 09:21:27 EDT 2012

It is very very simple.

Create two folders. One named "en.lproj" and the other named "es.lproj".

You don't have to put anything into the folders. Empty folders are fine.

In your standalone app, use the "Show Package Contents" in the Finder to view the insides of the app. Open the "Contents" folder. Open the "Resources" folder. Put the two empty lproj folders into the Resources folder.

That is it.

If you open any non-LC app you will see lproj folders within Contents/Resources for each language that app supports. The app store opens your app and looks inside to see what languages it supports.

You can name the folders "English.lproj" or "en.lproj" and "Spanish.lproj" or "es.lproj" but the trend is towards using the ISO names for the languages.

Kee Nethery