[OT] HyperNext Android Creator

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Apr 4 18:56:57 EDT 2012

> ...and the Tigbyte site says:
>
>     HyperNext is further enhanced by its ability to compile and
>     run REALbasic scripts during runtime. RBscript is a fast
>     high-level object orientated language that is ideal for
>     tasks requiring extra power such as number crunching, heavy
>     text processing and graphics.

I cannot answer in the specific here, but there was a thread recently on the
RB list about developing competing or overlapping products with RB, that its
possible to work out a payment plan with REAL. The "nut" of the argument was
how they defined a development tool, which to me seemed overly broad at the
time and encompassed technologies that had little to do with RB - don't take
my word on the specifics though, if its important to you, they have
archives. I can't think of a more fitting example of conflict with RB, so my
guess is that they worked something out.

At Paradigma, we have to have our own definitions as well, though more
narrow. Pretty much anything that would duplicate a "Filemaker" type product
or a "Filemaker Server" type product is forbidden. On the other hand, we
have plenty of customers who make specialized data management tools for
vertical markets, integration or BI tools that are totally cool with our
license.

Dave Simpson wrote an interesting article on making code generation apps
with LiveCode for the Omegabundle which really set me thinking about this.

There are some companies that might not allow this sort of thing, or they
could be very vague about it in their EULA and then try to squeeze you for
royalties because it "might" overlap in some way. That's a really bad sign -
a sign that their technology is past its prime and they are a bottomfeeding
type company. They exist. Beware. They have tiny, evil eyes, hide in the
darkness and have funnel like mouths like lampreys...

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software