alternative libURL functionality on Server

Roger B. Marks roger at consensii.com
Wed Apr 4 11:29:31 EDT 2012

Back in January, I asked LiveCode why I can't get the libURL library to function on the Server, even though the documentation says that it is supported. The answer was that the documentation needs to be corrected to show that libURL library is not supported on the Server. [I'm withholding comment on how I feel about this.]

The key current implication for me is that I can't find a way to have the server retrieve data from another server that places cookies.

I'm wondering, ignorantly, how I might get around this problem. One naive idea is to build a functional LiveCode Linux standalone, put it on On-Rev, and somehow get the Server script to call the standalone. But I really have no idea whether that's possible or how to go about it. Does it make any sense? Is there another way?

Thanks,

Roger