near feature parity

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Tue Apr 3 13:55:32 EDT 2012

On 04/03/2012 12:11 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Still would be nice to have feature parity and not cost*more*  than
> the other platforms. That's just insulting.
>
> -- -Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net

:) I agree with this entirely.

I haven't been running Livecode under Linux for all that long, no
earlier than v4.(something), but I just felt that Bernard's post could
be unnecessarily discouraging to those who might otherwise give it a
try. My motive for posting was to provide some counterbalance to that.
Not to dismiss the problems and inconvenience caused by the known issues
and relatively lacking features, it does work and works mostly well (in
all *my* experience), within the limitations imposed by these missing
features and known issues.

Warren