near feature parity

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 3 11:22:56 EDT 2012

Mike Kerner wrote:

> I've been doing some work with LC in Ubuntu, with mixed results.
>
> The most annoying things to me are:
> 1) scroll bars that overlap the text field they control, with an opaque
> thumb and transparent guide, making the right side unreadable
> 2) Fonts don't seem to be rendered the same way, making layouts a pain
> 3) Script editor oddities - things like the menus don't match up with where
> I'm clicking
> 4) Random crashes, forcing me to save frequently.
>
> The worst part is
> 5) No response to bug reports from the team.

With the pressure they have to refine the mobile feature set, don't be
surprised if Linux-specific RQCC issue take a bit to show status change.

It's also worth noting that the RQCC is in practice only a feeder for
the tracking system they use internally, so in most cases -- regardless
of affected platform -- you may not see any change there until an issue
is resolved.   For issues I've reported I often see them sit apparently
untended, but then when a new release comes out batches of them get
marked off as "Fixed" all at once.

Would you mind posting the RQCC #s here?  I track Linux issues since
they affect an ever-greater portion of my work.

Thanks -

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World