Location of iOS 5.0 SDK

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Tue Apr 3 00:06:43 EDT 2012

Mike, Tom, all the rest... thanks for the assistance. You are correct. I did
an email earlier today to Heather and she confirmed this only works in 5.5
(I feel another article for the newsletter coming on... we should not be
stumbling around out here in user land trying to figure this out... anyway).
However, while I've now sufficiently calmed down those who saw my recent
post on the dev list will know that my first foray into LC 5.5 just about
gave me a heart attack. The first time I opened my stack (the one I am
currently developing) every action resulted in an error, and the whole UI
was totally toast. I thought I was done for sure. Time to hang up the
developer hat. Then I did something inexplicable. I closed and reopened the
stack, without saving (I remember explicitly thinking... who would want to
save this mess) and... it all worked. For a minute I thought I was back in
5.0.2 somehow. But I wasn't. It just worked.

I still have no idea what happened, or why (which does kind of scare me).
But we're back in business. I even recompiled it for iOS and it worked fine.
Apparently this is the current recipe:

iOS 5.1
xCode 4.3.2
OSX 10.7.3
LC 5.5
Point the mobile support preference at the xCode 4.3.2 application (which is
just a clever folder in disguise) and it should work.

Thanks again... you folks are the best.

-- Mark