Button oddities -- LC 5.5 related? (Not a serious problem)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Apr 1 15:03:47 EDT 2012

On 3/31/12 9:21 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:

> What do I do with the little images I imported? Set the visible to
> false, hide them under a field, or can I delete them now, because
> they are used in a button?

You can't delete them; they are the source of your icons. Just set them
to be invisible.

> Should this be standard procedure? I never thought about importing
> images for icons. Normally, when I make a new button and want an
> icon, I just use the icons&  borders popup.

In general if the stack is only for your own use, you don't need to
import. But in this case the icon IDs apparently changed so it's safer
to import. Once imported, the IDs won't change (unless you do it
specifically on purpose.)

> Maybe I should read the "what's new" document. I don't recall seeing
> one, but I didn't look for it very hard.

All the release notes are under the Help menu. They are the first thing
I read.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com