ios app... any ideas how to do this?

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sun Apr 1 09:51:17 EDT 2012

Not even sure this is possible.

I want to create a simple app that can be controlled by an external
bluetooth keyboard. I realize there are no functions to support any
mouse/cursor-related operations, so this would need to be done differently.

The only idea I have is to use keyboard input. For example...

Let's say the app has a video player in it. I want the keyboard to
control start, pause and stop.

I assume that, if a field was open for input, the user could press a key
on the bluetooth keyboard... say "S"... after which the LC code would
close the onscreen keyboard and start playing the video.

Is there some way, then, for a press of a key on the bluetooth keyboard
to be recognized by the app, without requiring the user to touch the
screen and open a field?

Thanks.
Richard Miller