LC error - no association for launch document pdf with launch document

Barry G. Sumpter barrysum at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 1 07:34:39 EDT 2012

I use this format:
launch url "file:/Users/ben/Desktop/test.pdf"

------------------------------

Message: 24
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 11:38:19 +0200
From: "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de>
To: "'How to use LiveCode'" <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
Subject: no association for launch document pdf

Hello,

are there any known issues with "launch document" on windows?

I have a simple: launch document (tPath & slash & "myPDF.pdf") which runs
fine on most computers but fails on some computers, also on my main
dev.machine with the result "no association" where it has run fine before. I
can launch PDFs just by double clicking in the explorer, so the basic
registry entries from Adobe and the PDF-ending must be associated correctly.
Probably LiveCode is looking for another registry entry, which is missing or
corrupted, perhaps by any adobe update. But to get sure, that I can't do
anything from my programming, beside of reinstalling adobe reader, I wanted
to ask, if perhaps anything has changed with launch document?

Thanks

Tiemo

End of use-livecode Digest, Vol 103, Issue 1