[OT] Usability; deadly warning.

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 13:36:34 EDT 2011

http://www.doudoulinux.org/web/english/index.html

cripes . . .

does it never occur to all those people who produce "kiddy friendly
operating systems" from time to time that it might not be a bad idea to
sit some kids down in front of a computer....

I got 90% negative feedback today from a "I'll give you pretzels and
Fanta" group of
my kids who I dragged into the school for a "go" with DouDou [muffled
mirth; surely the
French should have realised how 'that' name would go down in the
Anglophone world].

Oh, well, naive Richmond goes back to his Pentium 3s and 4s running
Ubuntu 5.10 and
his, own, hacked desktop . . .