On-rev / LiveCode Server SSL testing with self-certification

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 05:48:04 EDT 2011

Hi folks,
Can anyone please point an SSL newbie to any how-to information for implementing self-certification for SSL test purposes on either On-Rev or LiveCode Server (on either linux or OSX)?

I've not dabbled with SSL (or indeed, sockets) before. So, as the current On-Rev hosting service supports just one SSL certificate per account - a single domain or sub-domain, with no wild-card support - I want to experiment a bit to decide whether to target my Company's top-level domain, a specific sub-domain or a micro-site.

I also need to extend some prototype apps that I'm moving to LiveCode Server to confirm whether these will need direct browser access and hence (given my target market) Extended Validation for the address bar 'safe site' approval.

BTW My On-Rev account already has a fixed IP address (and I also use dyndns.com to emulate a fixed IP address for my home-based dev server). So, I'm hoping it's just the certification side of things I need to sort - said he, hoping! ;-)

Any insights gratefully received...
Best,
Keith..