No subject

Art DiVito artdivito at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 28 13:38:33 EDT 2011

I need to prevent users from deleting a control by selecting it with the pointer tool and hitting the delete key.
According to the LiveCode dictionary (under "deletefield"), an "undo" will work for fields. However, this appears to be true for buttons, but NOT for fields. Thus,
On deletebutton
Answer "Can't do that!"
send "undo" to this card in 5 milliseconds
end deletebutton
works fine. However,
On deletefield

Answer "Can't do that!"

send "undo" to this card in 5 milliseconds

end deletefield
does NOT work.
I don't know whether it will work for images (I need to prevent them from being deleted too).
What can I do?
Thanks.