OS X Finder Search Question

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:49:54 EDT 2011

On 09/26/2011 07:43 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Apple doesn't assume you are an idiot. They assume a lot of people in general are idiots. And they are right. Here and there I encounter people who try to fix their computer themselves. I just did a wipe and reinstall for one guy whose system was acting up, and 3 days later he was back because 2 of his apps kept throwing errors. Turns out he tried to get into his permissions for his library and jack with them, with the result that he locked his apps out of being able to access or modify their own preferences and other files.
>
> Bob

Apple and Microsoft both appear to assume we are idiots, or use that
assumption to play fast and loose with their customers' rights; honestly
not sure which.

In the Linux world one can go all the way from the "pre-school, kiddy,
moron" type of OS to the
"super, mage, whacked-out nerd" OS; currently I use systems that are
nearer the lower end than the higher . . .  :)