OS X Finder Search Question

Gerry Orkin gerry.orkin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 01:24:21 EDT 2011

It's easy to search for System and System-related files and folders (like the Library folder and it's sub-folders) in OS X Lion and Snow Leopard (and perhaps earlier):
	In the Finder press Command-F to open a search window.
	From the "Kind" pop-up menu, choose "Other…".
	Find "System files" in the list of other file attributes.
	Select the "In Menu" checkbox for the "System files" attribute.
	Click OK.
	From the "aren't included" pop-up menu, choose "are included".
	Choose "This Mac" or "All My Files" (doesn't seem to make a difference which)
	Enter what you want to look for in the Spotlight window search field.
But I agree. Apple certainly are total unredeemable assholes for making this so hard and we should all throw out our Macs and iPhones in protest.

Gerry