Dragging folder to a field under linux adds "file://" before the folder

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sat Sep 24 20:34:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

i want to drag a folder into a field to get the path displayed.  I am using the following code	 in the field script:

ON dragEnter
        IF there is a folder the dragdata["files"]
    THEN
        set the dragaction to copy
    END IF
END dragEnter

ON dragDrop
       set the text of me to the dragdata["files"]
END dragDrop

This works fine under Win and Mac OS x. The path is displayed correctly. Under Linux there is "file://" added before the path.

For example the path /home/matthias/desktop becomes file:///home/matthias/desktop

If i do not use any script in the field, the path is displayed correctly without the leading "file://".
But I need to use a field script, because my original script is doing some adjustments to the path (replace backslash with slash under windows). Is this Linux specific? Or am i doing something wrong?  I know i can solve this with
"replace "file://" with "" in field ...." , but i would like to know and understand why "file://" is added to the path.

Regards,

Matthias