Alternatives to SiteGrinder?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Sep 23 21:45:51 EDT 2011

Kee,

You may wish to look at Dreamweaver as it does a pretty decent job of
creating XHTML/CSS. SiteGrinder can spit out HTML only pages and does a very
nice job of the translation, but you have to learn their 'hinting'
technique. I use it all the time. In fact, I wrote an eBook showing how to
take SiteGrinder and covert to WordPress using their plugin:

http://www.medialab.com/psd-to-html/wordpress-tutorial.php

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Kee Nethery <kee at kagi.com> wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2011, at 2:23 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
>
> > Just like SiteGrinder (
> > http://www.medialab.com/) spits out compatible HTML & CSS & Javascript
> from
> > Photoshop to all compatible browsers (iOS/Mac/PC/Chromebook).
> >
> > With SiteGrinder, I don't have to stay on top of the code idiosyncrasies,
> > but can just focus on designing a website.
>
> The big stumbling block for me with RevServer is the GUI design. I'm just
> not that HTML / CSS savvy. The nice thing about Revlets is that I do the GUI
> in Livecode and it just happens. Might not be outstandingly beautiful but
> for forms and data manipulation, the GUI it creates is pretty enough for my
> needs.
>
> SiteGrinder looks like a great way to shortcut learning how to create HTML
> / CSS. Getting Photoshop and then SiteGrinder is not cheap but if it can get
> me past the GUI design part of RevServer, that could be a good way to go.
>
> Looked at NOLOH (http://www.noloh.com) and it seems to be the wrong puzzle
> piece for being the GUI tool for RevServer. It appears to be much more and
> much less than what I'd want.
>
> Are there other GUI tools that are a tad less pricy than Photoshop and
> SiteGrinder? Something that I can drop and drag GUI elements and have it
> create CSS and HTML? If I have the HTML and CSS, I can have RevServer
> "create" the HTML with the data in it.
>
> Kee Nethery

Chipp Walters
CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc.