Using "go card" on Linux standalone with -ui

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Sep 21 00:47:08 EDT 2011

Ben-

Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 11:49:09 AM, you wrote:

> I have one last (for now) issue, which is not a show stopper but which it
> would be nice to fix.  Whenever the stack goes to a card, I get

> *** ASSERTION FAILURE: MCStack::openrect() - window == NULL

> Richard (I think) mentioned in a previous post that he hides the stack - I'm
> doing this.  I need to go to particular cards, to avoid masses of rewriting of
> this app which more normally runs with a GUI, as the scripts reference
> controls and properties on different cards.  And it all seems to work; it's
> just this annoying assertion failure making it look bad.

> Have other people encountered this?  Does anyone know of a workaround?

With all due respect, I don't think you're supposed to work around it.
The reason assertions exist is to pop up those notices when something
is amiss. There's an assert statement in the code to catch the case
where openrect finds a NULL window handle. The fact that you're seeing
it means that something failed in the code and you got to someplace
you shouldn't have been able to get to.

OK - having said that, since you're launching this from a commandline,
you might try piping the output to a file or to dev/nul

app -ui arg1 arg2 arg3 > delete.me
app -ui arg1 arg2 arg3 > /dev/nul

but filing a bug on this with the QCC would be useful as well.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net