Vibrate in iOS

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Sep 17 16:05:59 EDT 2011

You quoted empty.  A file named "empty" could not be found.  Just take off the quote marks.

I do that kind of thing all the time.

Dar

On Sep 17, 2011, at 1:58 PM, Randy Hengst wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've started playing with vibrate in iOS and ran into a problem right off the bat.
>
> I'm using 4.6.4 gm3
>
> I'm following the lesson:  How do I play sounds on an iOS device?
>
> In the lesson this script is given as a way to get the phone to vibrate…
>
> on mouseUp
>    set the beepsound to "empty"
>    beep
> end mouseUp
>
> Note: You will need to deploy this to your iPhone in order to test it. This script will cause your iPhone to vibrate if you have that enabled.
>

> The simulator and iPhone throws an error at the line of the set statement….
>
> I'm using
>
> on errorDialog pExecutionError, pParseError
>   answer "An error occurred on line: " & item 2 of line 1 of pExecutionError
> end errorDialog
>
> in the stack script to catch the errors in the simulator and device.
>

> Thoughts on what I'm missing?
>
> be well,
> randy hengst

---------------------------
Dar Scott
dba
Dar Scott Consulting
8637 Horacio Place NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111

Lab, home, office phone: +1 505 299 9497
For Skype and fax, please contact.
dsc at swcp.com

Computer Programming and tinkering,
often making LiveCode libraries and