Unity on Windows 8

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 13:57:36 EDT 2011

On 09/17/2011 08:50 PM, Roger Eller wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Richard Gaskin<ambassador at fourthworld.com
>> wrote:
>> Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>>
>>   I really don't mind if software companies want to rip ideas from each
>>> other
>>>
>> It's been going on a long time....
>
> I think Apple has been borrowing/taking from Linux for even longer.  Where
> did spaces, widgets, and even iTunes originally come from?
>
> Now, they're into buying out the hackers as Apple employees and interns.
>   That will surly curb jailbreaking, which IMHO is a terribly nasty term for
> something that should be allowed.

If I buy something, surely it it then mine, and I can do whatever I like
with it?

I have a friend who keeps hens in his car (it is not used for driving as
none of the birds
have passed their test yet). Nobody told him he couldn't use it for that
purpose; so he didn't have to jailbreak his car.

So "jailbreaking" is perfectly OK as the end-user (or, the OWNER) has
been unjustly
imprisoned.