How do you save the state of a Option button when quitting an app?

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Fri Sep 16 22:58:37 EDT 2011

I have an app that consists of a launcher stack and an app stack. In the app stack, the user uses an Option button to make a selection for mileage reimbursement rate. Nothing is save in the stack except the User Preferences in a substack of the app stack. How can I save the user's mileage reimbursement rate when the app stack is closed so that the mileage rate will be automatically selected when the app is launched the next time?

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com