LiveCode post 3.5 on Linux boxes with no display

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 15 14:09:55 EDT 2011

Ben Rubinstein wrote:
> Is there still a way to build a standalone using current LiveCode, that can
> operate on a Linux box that can only be accessed on the command line?

I've been able to build standalones that behave well when run from the
command line provided I launch them with the -ui flag and include a quit
command after they're done processing.  The quit command may not be
necessary; I vaguely recall having a CGI hang years ago without that,
and so I've been adding it for all CLI usage ever since.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World