How to set tab positions in the RTFtext?

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Wed Sep 14 18:57:42 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Mark Stuart <mstuart at adaptcrm.com> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
> The tabstop is \tab in WordPad?
> What are you using as a tabstop in the HTML field?
> Just replace it with "\tab", right?

The field is a regular table field with tabstops.  I loop through the text
and replace a word here and there with an html color string.  Then I set the
htmlText of the field to the modded text that has html codes.  It looks good
so far.  Then I put the htmlText of fld "fData" into URL "file:C:\data.rtf"
When I open it in Wordpad, the tabs are all wrong, so I select all and add
tabs and save the file.

If I load the binfile: of the raw RTF file from LC into a field, I see alot
of /par codes (paragraph??? idunno).  If I load the binfile: of the raw RTF
file AFTER adding tabs in Wordpad, you're right, there are "\tab" tags all
throughout.

I don't think these are one to one replaceable, but I'll try a few things.

˜Roger