ANN: changes of the Economy-x-Talk website and a new external

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Sep 13 21:13:28 EDT 2011

Hi, Mark,

I missed the gnashing of teeth on this and am distressed that you went through that.  It is great that you decided to do something about it.

This looks pretty cool to me.  I'd be more comfortable with a more definite commitment to how long they are available, though.

I wish you well in this.

Dar

On Sep 13, 2011, at 6:09 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Some time ago, I released an app for iPhone and got a lot of negative feedback, because the app wasn't free. Fortunately, I also received positive feedback from people who understood that I can't give everything away if making it costs me money. Still, the noise caused by people who believed they can claim a right to free software pretty much spoiled the fun for me and I decided I had to do something about this.
>
> I decided that I had to find a way to determine which software is valued and appreciated by the LiveCode community. I also needed a way to lock out those who believe to have a right to demand free stuff. The solution I have come up with is paid access to sheltered downloads. This system allows me to provide better free software and helps me to have more fun creating software for the LiveCode community. The fun part is hugely important to me.
>
> Most LiveCode software available from Economy-x-Talk, such as libraries and plugins, is still free. However, to obtain access to the free downloads, you are required to make a small financial contribution. You can decide by yourself how much you would like to contribute. I'd be happy to consider your contribution a token of mere appreciation. It is not meant as a fee for license or support. Once you have made your contribution, an account is created for you and you get access to the downloads.
>
> An overview of all currently available downloads is available at http://qery.us/zr with the latest addition being the extSetBadgeNumber external for iOS. This external allows you to add a red circle with a white number (also called a badge) to the icon of your application in the iPhone home screen. The external is currently being tested but seems to work fine so far. Go to http://qery.us/zs to create an account and download the external.
>
> I look forward to sharing more of my creations with you and thank you for your understanding.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> KvK: 50277553
>
> Send me a friend request on Facebook if you like https://www.facebook.com/marksch

---------------------------
Dar Scott
dba
Dar Scott Consulting
8637 Horacio Place NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111

Lab, home, office phone: +1 505 299 9497
For Skype and fax, please contact.
dsc at swcp.com

Computer Programming and tinkering,
often making LiveCode libraries and