pasting clipboard from Excel

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Sep 13 18:32:37 EDT 2011

There is an issue with copying something in an office app, then opening the destination app, and not seeing the clipboard data. This happens because of Microsoft's clipboard conversion mechanism, which is apparently only triggered when switching between apps, and not launching an app.

Not all apps seem to have the issue. I get the same thing with things like Remote Desktop and Parallels. Anything that does clipboard conversion may have an issue.

Bob