LiveCode Hanging freeze needing force quit on shut down sometimes

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Tue Sep 13 17:25:44 EDT 2011

I'm trying to track an occasional freeze crash of LiveCode.  It happens when
I shut-down the stack after closing the Valentina database connection. I
have code that checks to see if the database is already shut down and my
error message comes up saying: "database already closed" and then it
freezes. Since the error message is able to come up what should I also
instruct livecode to show me there that will help me track what is causing
the freeze. Is there some kind of "debug" log that will show the very next
thing livecode is trying to do that causes the crash? I always get my error
message first everytime.