iOS initial orientation

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Sep 13 16:49:01 EDT 2011

On 9/13/11 2:59 PM, Andrew Henshaw wrote:
> Yes,  that would be a better option!
>
> The other issue you might run into is try your app on a real device
> and start it 'face up'.  It will start in whatever you specify as the
> initial orientation,  and stay that way,  even if you pick up the
> device from being face up,  flat on the desk direct to landscape.
> The ui rotates,  but redraw is not fired so it stays in portrait with
> half the content missing off the bottom.

I just tried it but my app works okay. It launches upside down, but is
still in landscape, even if the launcher starts out in portrait. When I
pick up the iPad from my desk, it rotates to the correct landscape
orientation.

I have the standalone builder set to allow both landscape options and no
portrait options, so maybe that's the difference.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com