iOS Card Scrolling with Bounce

Nonsanity form at nonsanity.com
Tue Sep 13 16:37:04 EDT 2011

I've been away from my iOS projects in LC over the summer, but I'm about to
jump back in again. And to start, I wanted to ask again something I was
looking for long ago, and that's a way to scroll a card so that it imitates
the existing scroll behaviors in typical iOS apps.

For example, open up Settings on an iPhone and flick to scroll up and down
the page, bouncing and stretching at the ends. I would think that in LC,
this would be dun by laying out all the elements on a
longer-than-the-window-is-tall card, then using scrolling it with swipes.

But can the exact same motion behavior be implemented in LC? How much of a
unique HACK does it have to be? Or is there a built-in scroll modifier we
can tap into, so that every LC iOS app can scroll exactly the same as other
apps do?

You see, if I can't give the end user the exact same experience of scrolling
through a long screen that they are already very used to... It's better not
to even try. If that's the case, then LiveCode has failed me. Can't have
that! :)

I checked the revOnline example and library stacks, but didn't see anything
for this.

 ~ Chris Innanen
 ~ Nonsanity