Cheap Android Tablet

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Tue Sep 13 10:40:50 EDT 2011

At $300 or less, I find the Acer Iconia A500 tablet to be one of
the most affordable REAL tablets. It has the Nvidia Tegra dual core,
32gb ram, mini and regular usb slots, gps, micro sd slot, tactile feel
and more. I've actually seen it go on sale for $275, and that is so
cheap for a tablet of this quality level as to be surprising.

The
Gtablet may be found cheaper, but the return ratio is massive because of
a broken OS and stupid design. I rooted mine and installed several OS's
on it, eventually keeping Cyanogen.

The Acer has been a zillion times
better and lower in cost.

Mike

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:22:12 -0400,
Roger Eller wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Admin wrote:
>

>> The viewsonic, while good, has a very annoying design flaw and must
be rooted to work properly. you are far better off with a Acer Iconia
A500 - IMO, the best tablet out there because of features and build
quality. Mike

> Yes Mike, it has a design flaw and must be rooted, or
better yet - replace
> the ROM with CyanogenMod from xda-developers
forum. I need to stress the
> purpose of my tablet. The viewing angles
are just ok, but for the primary
> user looking directly at the screen,
it is awesome.

> I don't buy a testing device in the same way as I
buy for ME. I don't want
> the best tablet, I want one that I can
experiment with, and that is low-cost
> enough that the real people can
afford them. In all honesty, a very low
> percentage of users can afford
the best, and those $99 tablets might be
> worth having just to see how
your apps will perform for that market
> segment. Excluding low-income
tablet owners from playing a game because the
> developer only has
high-end equipment for testing just seems like a flawed
> business
design, IMHO.