pasting clipboard from Excel

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Tue Sep 13 10:30:07 EDT 2011

I'm trying to copy some cells from Excel (Mac, 2008 Office version) and paste it into a field in LiveCode. If I do that with Numbers all is good. From Excel I get nothing.

'the clipboard' tells me that it contains 'text, but that 'the clipboarddata' is apparently empty.

If I take a moment to paste the clipboard into another program, I can then go on to paste in LiveCode ok.

Is there a way for LiveCode to see the text from Excel without first pasting it into another program?