iOS initial orientation

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Tue Sep 13 04:23:42 EDT 2011

I couldnt figure this one out either,  so in the end I load the stack with a black opaque rectangle at the top,  and have that hide itself after .2 seconds (the time varies on the app,  it depends on how much it has to do in the pre open.

Its not really noticeable for the user as they get the splash screen which then disappears and the app loads,  but it hides the messy upside down or wrong way up,  then swivel effect that happens normally.

You can add code to bring the rectangle to the front and set its visible to true when you compile and in my example it hides itself just after the stack is loaded so it doesnt get in the way for development,  I cant remember the actual handler right now but its quite easy to do.

Andy