Cheap Android Tablet

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Mon Sep 12 20:37:07 EDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Pete wrote:

> Not sure I will get one, but if I do, I'll definitely report back.
> Pete
> Molly's Revenge <http://www.mollysrevenge.com>
>

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 4:04 PM, stephen barncard <
> stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:
>
> > Let us know how it works out when you get to test it.
> >
> > thanks
> > sqb
> >
> > On 12 September 2011 15:53, Pete <pete at mollysrevenge.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone looking for a cheap Android tablet ($99), I just got this from
> > > TigerDirect:
> > >

> http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/WEM2819.asp?SRCCODE=WEM2819C%20&cm_mmc=email-_-Main-_-WEM2819-_-tigeremail2819
> > >
> > > Pete
> > > Molly's Revenge <http://www.mollysrevenge.com>
>

> > Stephen Barncard
> > San Francisco Ca. USA

I'd say the worst strikes against this tablet is the resistive touchscreen,
and OS 2.1 (not LiveCode compatible).  I don't know if it could update to
2.2 or not.  I learned the hard way that a resistive screen will increases
ones frustration level immensely.  After two cheap tablets, I am happy with
my Viewsonic gTablet for $269.  Still cheaper than most, but it is fast and
versatile, running a dual-core Tegra2.  I can install 2.2, 2.3, and 3.0 on
it for testing LC apps.  And having smooth Netlix playback is my favorite
bonus.

˜Roger