Password protecting a stack in the distribution

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 11 21:03:35 EDT 2011

On 9/11/11 4:17 AM, Andrew Henshaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im wondering if anyone can shed some light on the best way to do
> this!
>
> I have built a library stack which Im including in the distribution
> and selected the 'encrypt with password' option for both the main
> stack,  and this library stack,  however when I compile if I go into
> the package the .rev file is there with clear text contents,  totally
> readable.
>
> Ive also tried using the set the password of this stack to
> "mypassword" and then saved the stack and re-loaded it and that does
> encrypt the original stack and ask for a password before I can edit
> it,  but for some reason when I compile again the stack is put into
> the distribution in clear text again.

I haven't seen that happen, so something odd is going on. When I set a
password manually, it always sticks.

But try setting the password on the stack manually and don't set it in
the standalone builder. If you are including it in the Copy Files pane,
I'm not sure the SB will do anything other than just move it next to the
engine, so try handling the protection yourself.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com