List of handlers - snake

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Fri Sep 9 21:45:11 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

While you're on this exploration topic, in HyperCard we had a routine with the word "snake" in it as I recall. It could be used from the message box and it would take you through all of the open stacks, including the stacks in use, and the objects within the stacks, one by one, opening any script that contained the word or phrase for which you started searching. You could edit the newly opened script, close it, and the search would continue until ever instance of the word or phrase had been exposed.

I've not noticed a similar routine in LC. It was my favorite debugging tool. I believe it could also be called from within a script. It was absolutely super. It may have been an XCMD.

It would be wonderful if we had such a critter in LC.

Joe Lewis Wilkins
Architect